Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Keeping up

Obviously, I haven't been...keeping up that is. We've got food on the table, but the house is a mess and the list of things to get done is miles long. My husband started a new job in August and also, you know, while he was at it, a graduate program in Educational Leadership. Also known as a principal's certificate. Glossing right over how a homeschool dad would become a public school principal. The program and the job have been pretty intense. Plus, we've been used to having him home. If I needed to run out to the store I didn't have to take all the kids with me, etc. Oh and did I mention that we went on two trips for a week each, our car didn't pass inspection (it was 15 years old) so we had to get a new one. One more thing, my dishwasher broke. Too much to fix, so we bought a new one of those two. Whew!

Here's a photo mosaic from the last few weeks:
September

  • Learning about trebuchets and medieval weapons at Green Lane Celtic Festival (the kids had a dance performance as well).

  • Visiting family in NC. (We went by train.) Visiting the birthplace of the Pentacostal Holiness Church in Falcon, NC. (It was built by my husband's great-grandfather, Julius Culbreth.)
  • Picking apples from the tree across the street from our home and Julius doing the sword dance at a competition in MD.


I hope your fall has been full of fun!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your pictures always make me smile. So much joy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home