Friday, January 05, 2007

Contemporaneous

I live in PA, I'm supposed to be keeping a contemporaneous log of what resources I'm using and what the kids (8 and over) are doing. Umm, I've blown it. I've waited too long and now it is hard to remember what we did since Nov 15th! I looked through my blog and got a couple of key dates down, but I wanted to share too many of those Ted Talks and so it isn't such a good record of what we've done. And, to top it off, I realized that I never recorded the details of the school days for Julius. I marked that it was a "school day" but I never wrote in what he was working on. I've gotten the book lists up to date so I know a lot of reading was occurring, and math was pretty regular, plus I know that the end of November and beginning of December was working on crafts involving math and art and writing. Erin isn't so bad, I kept a good record of what she did each day, at least the subject area that it pertained to.

So, if anyone out there remembers anything that I've talked about my kids doing in November or December that has educational significance, please let me know.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Marsha said…

    What about organizing your open house? Surely that's, what?, math, social sciences, economics, and probably all kinds of other stuff.

    This is one area where I think that being a serious Type-A, command-and-control person just might come in handy. Still, it would be kind of nice if it wouldn't, you know?

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hi Kathy, I remember Susan Bergson at OC saying that we can use something as general as our daily calendar for the log, but I'm sure you've already looked at that. I had planned to look at the calendar and use that for my memory jogger if I ever needed to...I'm sure she was implying that we could even just copy the calendar and use it as the log directly!

    Thanks for posting this because I'm going to have to go from memory from the beginning of the year! I better start now and log the rest of this year better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home