Sunday, November 26, 2006

Reading Pagoda

Another example of lived near this all my life but have never been there. Even after doing this Fieldlearning thing for several years with the kids there are still things on the list of gotta try that. I grew up about 45 minutes from Reading. One of our proms was at practically next door to the Reading Pagoda, and yet, today was the first day I had been there.


For the last several months we have been attending church in Reading, PA and on the way home we often take the route from which you can see the Pagoda on the mountain. Sadie says "Padoga" by the way, very cute. What a view! And what an unusual building. Apparently there are only three pagodas (is there an "s" to make that plural?) in the US. People stop in from all over the place; a real tourist destination.


One comment on the web was kind to the Pagoda, but not to Reading
"What makes this building remarkable isn't so much its form, but its location. Perched atop Mount Penn, east of a generic town called Reading, Pennsylvania, this is a wonderful addition to an otherwise unremarkable area."


Unremarkable? obviously he hasn't been here or here or here or here. Okay so some of those are not quite remarkable, but the Reading area can be pretty cool.
Filed under:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Angela said…

    It is nice to find another blogger and homeschooler from the neighborhood, almost! We are in the Lehigh Valley! I have been to the Pagoda often...my daughter loves all things asian, and it is a favorite spot for her.

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Hey, Lehigh Valley is close enough. A quick visit to your blog tells me that we have more than geography in common. Our whole family loves asian culture as well and from your event blog, I'm sure you can find things to tell me about for my calendar of events and last but not least, crafts and knitting. Thanks for finding me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home